National Math Contest 2018 (High School Only)
Abu Dhabi University (ADU) is pleased to host its 6th annual mathematics competition where scientifically oriented students can enjoy a day-long intellectually challenging exercise of competing with their peers. This intellectually challenging exercise will provide students with the opportunity to explore the fascinating world of mathematics as a critical thinking tool and its real world applications.
The 2018 National Mathematics Competition is aligned with the mission of ADU aimed at identifying students’ superior skills, talents, abilities, and capacities. The event is one of several initiatives undertaken by ADU to promote mathematics as an essential and fundamental discipline for a broad-based education and a fundamental component for the majority of the degree programs offered at ADU.
Competition Date: Saturday February 3rd 2018
Venue: Al Ain Campus.
The competition is open to a team of two students accompanied by a coach (typically an instructor). Each high school should register the teams through email to email@example.com
The email should include the following information:
- Name of the Team: (ex : ADU Warriors, ADU Genius,…)
- Name of the Coach
- Name of the first member of the team
- Name of the second member of the team
- Name of the institution (high school)
No fee is required for participation.
Last date to Register: Wednesday January 24, 2018
Rules and Regulations
The following rules govern the 2018 National Mathematics Competition:
- The eligible teams for the competition are from grade 11 and 12 students
- Each team consists of two students, accompanied by a coach
- The maximum number of participating teams from one institution is two
- The competition consists of two rounds – i.e., the first and final
- The top ten teams with highest scores will move to the final round
- The top three teams with highest scores in the final round will be declared winners
- The proctors address any needed assistance during the tests
- In all cases, the decision of the Organizing Committee is final
Role of Coaches
The following elements define the role of the coaches accompanying their teams:
- Coaches are expected to be chosen by their respective schools.
- Coaches are responsible for all issues and actions related to the members of their teams
- Coaches are expected to train their participants for the competition
- Coaches shall remain on the competition site at all times and accompany their participants back
The details of the day-long schedule on Saturday February 3rd, 2018 is provided below
|10:30 - 11:00||Registration|
|11:05 - 11:10||Welcome Message|
|11:10 - 11:15||Orientation Message|
|11:30 - 12:30||Round 1|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 13:45||Declaring Teams for Final Round|
|13:45 - 14:45||Round 2|
|15:00 - 15:15||Final Results & Award Ceremony|