Alert: Fake ADU Job Offers
From time to time, fraudsters attempt to steal the identity of Abu Dhabi University (ADU) through setting up fake websites or email accounts. Please remain vigilant and ensure that any website link you are directed to is the genuine ADU website – www.adu.ac.ae. ADU only uses this website and all its email addresses end in @adu.ac.ae.
Examples of recent fake websites are http://aduac.com and www.abduaea.com. Please do not send any personal information, follow links, respond to job offers or send money to such sites. If in doubt about the authenticity of a website, link or email, please call ADU on 600-550003 or Overseas +971 2 5015555 or send an email to ITHelpdesk@adu.ac.ae.
Remember – if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Use common sense:
- Do not respond to unsolicited recruitment offers from sources you cannot independently verify as being legitimate
- Do not provide personal or financial details to anyone you do not know or trust, or on a website you do not trust
- Be alert for suspicious signs including:
- poor use of language
- use of e-mail addresses like yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com
- contact through social websites such as Facebook etc.
Please notify us of any suspected scams by emailing ITHelpdesk@adu.ac.ae.