This program provides on-campus, part-time employment for all students who want to work and gain valuable work experience while studying at Abu Dhabi University.
SEP offers an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and expand your work experience, working according to your preferred schedule. The program strictly adheres to the regulations of the UAE Ministry of Education and Ministry of Labor. ADU students enrolled in SEP can only start the program when their official permit is in place.
Work and gain valuable work experience
To be eligible to apply for SEP you must:
- Be enrolled in either an undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- Be registered as a full-time student with a minimum of nine (9) credit hours for undergraduate students and six (6) credit hours for postgraduate students.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5pts.
- Have an acceptable personal and academic conduct record.
- Have one or more years of study left.
- Hold a valid ADU sponsored residency visa (male applicants only – no visa requirements for female applicants)
Priority will be given to students who receive financial aid or show proof of financial need.
Part-time employment for all students
Work Permit Processing
Work permits are required and the following is an indication of the processing time based on the type of visa:
Work Permit Required
Students under ADU Visa
Students not under ADU Visa
MOHESR + MOL
Based on the scope of responsibility
Rates of pay are based on the scope of responsibility and job description and are categorized as follows:
- AED 20 per working hour for general clerical tasks and activities.
- AED 25 per working hour for multiple, major tasks and activities (e.g. Team Supervisor)
If you are eligible and you would like to join the SEP, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org