Whether you are a current or prospective student, you are likely to have questions about livng at Abu Dhabi University's Accomodation.
The sections below answer some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) relating to university life and Abu Dhabi University’s dorms to make your search easier. If you cannot find the answer to your specific question, please call us on 600-550003 or call in to one of our four campuses across the UAE.
ADU Student Residences and Recreation Facilities - FAQs
Frequently asked questions under the category of student residences and recreation facilities at ADU
ADU offers student housing at the Abu Dhabi campus, perfectly located for easy access to a range of recreational facilities, shopping centers, and food outlets. Accommodation is separated by gender and has 24/7 security and a security system.
Applicants must be either registered at Abu Dhabi University, ADU alumni, English Language Institute students, non-ADU students who are registered in other universities, employees of ADU, sister companies or non-ADU staff members and have arranged for the payment of their housing fees in full. Both full term and part of term applicants may apply if all conditions are met.
- To apply for ADU student accommodation, you can visit us in ADU Student Affairs Department or send an email to email@example.com with your full name, university ID number, gender, nationality, preferred room type and chose the semester/term you are applying for.
- The person in charge will send you all of the relevant information and the required forms to complete.
- Payment can be sent to the ADU bank account or paid directly on campus.
- For female applicants, a parent must meet one of our Student Support Office staff to discuss and sign our Curfew & Leave of Absence regulations.
- For international female students, ADU may call the student's parent for any clarifications required.
- Students may only check into the dormitory only after providing the original housing application form, the receipt for the payment of the dormitory room fee and the relevant housing deposit fee.
If you have any other queries, please contact:
For male accommodation: +971 2 501 5475
For female accommodation: +971 2 501 5476
Housing and Residence Life Officer: +971 2 501 5680
The rooms available include:
Private single occupancy with private bathroom and kitchen (one-person unit)
Semi-private single occupancy with shared bathroom and kitchen (two-person unit)
Double occupancy with shared bathroom and kitchen (two-person unit)
Double shared occupancy with shared bathroom and kitchen (four-person unit)
All rooms are furnished with bed(s), bed linen, bedside drawers, desks, cupboards, microwave ovens, refrigerators, chairs, table lamps and shoe racks.
Our student accommodation fees can be accessed by clicking the link below:
ADU Dormitory Fee Rates
Please note that a one-time refundable deposit of AED 1000 is payable along with the room fee.
For any other enquiries, please call the Housing and Residence Life Officer on +971 2 501 5680 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Pets (including fish) are not allowed in the ADU dormitories.
No, there are no meals provided by the ADU Housing Unit. You can buy meals from the food court in the campus, cook in the common kitchens or order from other restaurants.
Many activities and programs are planned every academic year within the residential life programming:
Welcome to Dorms – An event organized to welcome new students to the dorms. New residents get the chance to meet senior residents and have fun playing games - a great way to break the ice.
Meet & Greet –Students enjoy games and compete for prizes in an open area and eat dinner together at the end of the day.
International Cuisine Night – Students represent their country of origin by preparing delicious dishes.
Outdoor Movie Night – Watch a great movie and enjoy an amazing ambiance.
Each residence has an indoor gym. Other ADU sports facilities include basketball and tennis courts and football pitches.
Yes, a number of shopping malls are easily reachable from ADU campuses. There is also a scheduled bus service between the dormitories and shopping malls, which runs once a week at the weekend.
The following facilities and services are available for students:
- Common kitchens
- Laundry room
- TV room
- Study areas with desktop computers
- Recreation facilities (billiards, table tennis, fosball, PlayStation, air-hockey)
- Weekly transportation to and from shopping areas
- Wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi)
- Cleaning services
- Safety and security services
- Maintenance services
- Outdoor area (barbecue area, sitting area, garden area)
You can check in to the ADU dormitory three days before the first day of classes each semester/term, as long as the housing application and other requirements have been completed.
No. New students must pay the room fee along with the maintenance deposit fee to be able to check in to Student Housing.
There are medical clinics for students and staff on our Abu Dhabi and Al Ain campuses.
The opening hours are as follows:
Abu Dhabi campus clinic – 9am to 9pm, Sunday to Thursday. Call 02 5015891.
Al Ain campus clinic – 9am to 6pm, Sunday to Thursday. Call 03 7090911.
In case of emergency, you can contact the following ADU numbers:
Male accommodation: +971 2 501 5475
Male security guard: +971 2 501 5224
Female accommodation: +971 2 501 5476
Female security guard: +971 2 501 5223
A medical certificate is only required for certain medical conditions requiring special treatment and as advised by the University Senior Counselor.
Female residents must return by 11pm every evening.
Only international students can stay in the ADU dormitory during vacations.
Your belongings can be stored at the dormitory as instructed by the person in charge of the Student Housing.
- The refund periods for accommodation for students in Fall and Spring Semesters are as follows: 100% refund during the first academic calendar week 50% refund during the second academic calendar week 0% refund from the third academic calendar week
- The refund periods for accommodation for students in Winter and Summer Terms are as follows: 100% refund during the first and second days of classes 75% refund during the third and fourth days of classes 50% refund during the fifth and sixth days of classes 0% refund from the seventh day of classes
- Refunds for furniture deposit will only be processed once the student has been cleared and the room which was occupied has been checked by the person in charge of Student Housing.
- Students who have been dismissed from student accommodation due to a violation of the ADU Student Code of Conduct or Housing policy will not be entitled to a refund of the housing fees.
Your housing deposit will be refunded when you leave the student accommodation.