ADU has put into place all the preventive measures advised by the UAE authorities to help curb the spread of the coronavirus. All necessary precautions to protect students, staff, faculty, and the wider community are being implemented, and we will continue to monitor the latest developments and update this page as necessary.
COVID-19 Access Control Protocol
The purpose of this SOP is to ensure the safety of ADU community members through the monitoring, control, and slowing down of any potential spread of infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
This SOP addresses restrictions and different levels of access to all ADU premises for students, employees, visitors, business partners, and service providers.
Abu Dhabi Campus
- Gate 1 for visitors and employees.
- Gate 2 for employees and female dorm.
- Gate 3 for staff housing residents and their deliveries.
- Gate 4 for contractors, deliveries, and Fortune Properties employees and visitors.
- Gate 5 for employees and male dorm.
- Male student entrance for employees and male students.
- Female student entrance for employees and female students.
- Male and female side entrances for employees and students.
- Umm Al Emarat male and female front entrance should only be used to access the building by employees and students and the back doors should only be used to exit.
Al Ain Campus
- Main reception (Gate 1) for employees, students, and visitors.
- Female side entrance (Gate 2) for female students and employees.
- Male side entrance (Gate 3) for employees, students, contractors, and deliveries.
- Employees, students, visitors, deliveries and contractors etc. can access the academic building though both entrances on the ground floor.
- Every individual (employees, students, visitors, contractors etc.) will undergo an initial temperature scan at the entrance before entering the campus.
- Access will be denied for any individual with a body temperature over 37.5C◦.
- Access will be denied for any individual with COVID-19 symptoms (flu, dry cough, high temperature etc.)
- All individuals entering the campus must show a green pass through the AL-HOSN app at the entrance of the campus.
- All individuals must wear a face mask before entering the premises and at all times on campus.
- Social distancing must be maintained at the entrances and inside the campus at all times.
- All employees, students, and visitors must only enter and exit the campus from the designated entrances.
- Food supplies must comply with the health requirements applied during the pandemic.
- Courier services, food delivery, and other delivery personnel cannot enter the building. Therefore, the handover should take place outside the building entrance.
- The entry of contractors and maintenance employees is based on approved work permits only.
- Security guards will ensure students and employees use the designated entry and exit points, prevent large gatherings, preserve social distancing, and prevent overcrowding.
Access to all academic facilities will be allowed during official working hours (9 am to 10 pm) only. Anyone staying after official working hours will need to communicate with the Safety and Security Administrator in advance.
- All employees living in the staff accommodation will only be able to access the staff accommodation through Gate 3.
- Access to the parking area for the academic buildings at the female side will only be available through Gate 2.
An initial temperature scan will be conducted at the dorm’s main entrance. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature over 37.5C◦ will be advised to isolate in their room. The information will be escalated immediately to the Safety and Security Administrator and dorm supervisors.
All common areas, such as lounges, meeting rooms, classrooms, labs, auditorium, prayer rooms, mosques, fitness centres, and sports facilities (inside the campus), will be opened after obtaining BSF approval with COVID-19 safety measures adhered to (social distancing, face mask, maximum capacity, awareness posters etc.).
Access will be available to the Community Centre, Prayer Hall and other outlets with COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Access to food outlets in the food court will be allowed with COVID-19 safety measures in place. Gatherings at the food court or other food outlets are strictly prohibited.
Access to medical clinics at ADU campuses will only be allowed during official working hours (9 am to 6 pm) with COVID-19 safety measures in place.