Documents required for admission
Abu Dhabi University Requirements for Admission
- For American curriculum applicants, the results of grade 12, if available at the time of submitting the application.
- For British curriculum applicants, in addition to the Leaving Certificate, applicants must also submit an attested letter (Sequence of Schooling) from the school or Abu Dhabi
- Education Council (ADEC) showing that the applicant completed a minimum of 11 years of schooling. The minimum required for admission is a total of seven (7) courses at either the O Level or AS/A2 Level, in at least four (4) of the following fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities, Art and Design; and a minimum required grade of C for the O Level, D for the AS Level and E for the A2 Level.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); TOEFL ITP (score of 500) or TOEFL IBT (score of 61) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic version) (score of 5) score report if available at the time of submitting the application. Only one Test is required for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of AED 300 (one US $ is equivalent to 3.65 UAE Dirhams).
- Original equivalency letter from the UAE Ministry of Education for certificates issued from outside the UAE. This can be obtained after the applicant’s arrival to UAE as they will be given a period of one registered semester to submit the letter. Visit the UAE's Ministry of Education for more information.
Certificates from outside the UAE
- Ministry of Education in home country
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in home country
- UAE Embassy or Consulate in home country
- Ministry of Education in UAE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE
- Home country Embassy or Consulate in UAE
Upon receiving your acceptance to ADU
Acceptance to ADU
Upon receiving your acceptance to ADU, the following is required to complete the admission process
- Initial payment of US $5000 to our Finance Department. This includes student health insurance AED 800, maintenance deposit AED 1000, and registration fee AED 2850.
- The remaining amount will be transferred towards the course fee. Kindly note that the remaining amount will not cover the whole program fees. The fee structure will be attached with your admission offer.
- If accommodation is required, the housing form and the medical form are to be filled and forwarded. They will be attached with your admission offer.
- ADU Bank Account details for payment transfer will be disclosed once you receive your acceptance.
- An offer of admission extended to an applicant will be valid for only one academic year starting from the academic semester for which the applicant applied.
- Applicants must complete the application themselves.
- The following are the requirements to complete the online application for undergraduate admission. You will need a soft copy of the following documents for uploading. All documents to be uploaded must be in PDF (for single or multiple pages) or JPEG format (for images).
- You may complete your application in more than one session. You can always save your application and complete it later.
- Applicants must complete their online application procedure by the established deadline listed on www. adu.ac.ae.
- All items marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in. Incomplete applications will delay the admission process.
- To complete your online application, you will need a valid credit card to pay the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid online using any major credit card.
- First-time users will need to register to create an account. You must choose a login username and password between 6 and 9 alphanumeric characters. An authentication code will be sent to your registered email, please check spam folder.
- For existing students or previously admitted students, you should use the same log in credentials. Please contact the Admission Office for more information.
- Once an application and the required documents have been submitted, a response will be provided within one week from the date of submission. Admission offers are valid for one academic year only. A student who does not register within the same academic year will have to reapply.
- Students dismissed from other academic institutes for academic integrity offenses will not be admitted to Abu Dhabi University.