Excellence happens here.
At the ASC we strive for success beyond the classroom.
Our goal is to help students develop effective learning strategies to reach their academic potential and earn the grades they want and need!
Become a tutor
Are you interested in becoming a peer tutor?
Please note peer tutors must have the following skills and experience listed below:
- Good academic record with no integrity offenses or disciplinary actions as well as extra -curricula to their credit
- Minimum GPA 3.5 cumulative and in major
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to learn
- Ability to follow through on responsibilities that include but not limited to maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines, and handling responsibilities while being flexible, etc.
- Serve as a role model for successful student learning
- Willingness to develop a rapport with faculty in the academic specialization/s in which you tutor.
As a Mass Communication student, I had the opportunity to learn the best practices in media production for various media platforms. I loved working with sophisticated equipment such as high-end cameras, lighting, vision mixers, and the audio console in the TV studio. The experience gave me the confidence to work at both front and back camera in television production. It was at Abu Dhabi University that I discovered my true potential and transformed myself into someone always ready to accept challenges. My parents were my motivation to succeed; my friends gave me the necessary support; my teachers provided the tools.
Set your goals and make a plan to achieve them!