The Health and Wellness Ambassador (HWA) Program at ADU is a unique experience for the College of Health Sciences (CoHS) students. It is designed to support and improve the health and wellbeing of the Abu Dhabi community through an outreach initiative.
The Ambassadors will be exposed to unique training opportunities in professional health and wellbeing, mental health, public health, environmental health, and nutrition settings in Abu Dhabi during their summer. The Ambassadors will also play a crucial role in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating health awareness activities on and off campus.
Awareness campaigns and activities
Mission & Goal
The mission of the program is to help build a culture of health and wellbeing enhancement on campus and in the community.
The program aims to plan and conduct health and wellness activities on campus to improve and promote the health and wellbeing of the ADU community, including students, faculty, and staff.
It will also outreach to the Abu Dhabi community through awareness campaigns and activities to educate and empower individuals with the necessary information and knowledge needed to lead healthy lives.
Support and improve the health and wellbeing
- Advise ADU students, faculty, and staff on health-related issues, such as maintaining a healthy lifestyle, mental health, preventing chronic diseases, and safe hygiene practices
- Develop, implement, and evaluate wellness programs on campus
- Promote wellness among the ADU community through planning and holding world health day events following the WHO calendar of events, such as World Tobacco Day, World Health Day, World Diabetes Day, World Mental Health Day, etc.
- Expose and train the HWAs in public health-related national organizations in Abu Dhabi, the UAE, and abroad
- Provide virtual and online health education sessions
Students enrolled in CoHS programs will have the opportunity to become ADU Health and Wellness Ambassadors.
Who are the Health and Wellness Ambassadors?
The Role of Health and Wellness Ambassadors (HWAs)
- To work independently under the supervision of CoHS faculty members
- To provide innovative ideas and be proactive in planning and implementing activities
- To motivate the ADU community to follow a healthy lifestyle
- To encourage healthy and safe practices on campus
- To represent CoHS in community health activities
- To plan health awareness campaigns
- To participate in preparing newsletters, social media posts and videos, and health- and wellness-related educational material
- To act as peer educators
- To participate in planning and implementing seminars and activities related to health
- To attend key health-related local, regional, and international events taking place in the UAE (e.g. Arab Health)
Criteria for Selection
- Personal competencies: students applying should have a vision and a passion to serve the community, be respectful, responsible, proactive, positive, and eager to learn and to give
- Educational competencies: recommendations from faculty and peers
- Communication proficiency
- Additional outstanding skills in planning and organizing events, writing proposals, marketing, creating social media posts, videos, and audiovisuals
Term of Ambassador
- Ambassador - one year
- Senior Ambassador - All ex-ambassadors
Being a Health and Wellness Ambassador
What Do I Get?
- Exposure to training in health and wellness-related organizations in Abu Dhabi
- Certificate of Program Enrollment and Participation
- Letters of Recommendation from Program Committee members
- Community participation and empowerment
- Improvement in communication, presentation, writing, team building, and project management skills
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted
HWA Application Form
Please fill out the Application Form if you are interested in being a “Health and Wellness Ambassador” at ADU.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Operaters and committe members
The HWA program operates with:
- Health and Wellness Ambassadors Committee
- CoHS students
The HWA Program Committee is represented by faculty members from the CoHS and expertise from the Marketing and Communication Department.
For any inquiries, please feel free to contact us on the following email address: email@example.com
- Dr. Nisreen Alwan, coordinator
- Dr. Deena Elsori, coordinator
- Dr. Nermin Eissa, member
- Dr. Hatem Abushammala, member
- Ms. Dima El-Halabi, member
- Ms. Maha Khan, member
- Ms. Yasmine Natafji, ad-hoc member
- Ms. Mahra Al-Ali
- Ms. Hareem Khanum
- Muhammad Kabir Khan
- Mr. Tuahir Hussain