Value: Applicants with an undergraduate Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) who pursue their postgraduate studies at Abu Dhabi University are entitled to a 25% waiver on tuition fees.
Empowering outstanding students
Merit based Graduate Scholarship
Abu Dhabi University is dedicated to empowering outstanding students and inspiring them to pursue their educational objectives. Our scholarship and financial aid program represents a key pillar in our strategy for academic excellence and reflects our commitment to supporting the development of the UAE. We consider it an important national duty to provide equal opportunities for students interested in pursuing higher education and enable them to proactively contribute to society regardless of their financial situation.
The maximum coverage period of any scholarship is four years, or upon graduation, whichever is sooner. In some cases, English language requirements are also included. It is not necessary to re-apply for a scholarship as long as the scholarship maintenance criteria (outlined in the details of each scholarship section) are met.
The scholarship application process begins after a student is formally admitted to ADU and assigned a unique student ID number. This ID number is used to securely log in to a university account that has a section for Financial Aid and Scholarships.
As student information, including academic records, has already been processed by the university upon admission, any scholarships that the student is eligible for will appear on their account page. The student may choose to fill out the online application for any scholarship that appears here, as he/she qualifies for these scholarships based on merit. The application is completed with the appropriate details filled in by the student, along with the uploading of any required documents, and then is submitted online.
- To maintain the waiver, a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 in the Master level program is required
- In the case where a student qualifies for more than one postgraduate waiver program, the student must choose one waiver program and will not be permitted to change to another waiver program during his/her entire study
- In any semester where the minimum required Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is not met the student will lose the waiver for the following semester. However, if the student Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) reaches the minimum required level again, the waiver will be automatically reinstated
- Any student who found guilty of a student code of conduct violation or an academic integrity offence will forfeit the waiver for the remaining study in ADU
- The merit-based tuition waiver will cover winter and summer terms
- The merit-based tuition waiver will not cover any repeated courses including grades F, WA and W