Value: From 10% up to 50% waiver on tuition fees for UAE residents and GCC candidates (GCC candidates must provide officially attested documents).
Empowering outstanding students
Abu Dhabi University is dedicated to empowering outstanding students and inspiring them to pursue their educational objectives. Our scholarship and financial aid program represents a key pillar in our strategy for academic excellence and reflects our commitment to supporting the development of the UAE. We consider it an important national duty to provide equal opportunities for students interested in pursuing higher education and enable them to proactively contribute to society regardless of their financial situation.
The maximum coverage period of any scholarship is four years, or upon graduation, whichever is sooner. In some cases, English language requirements are also included. It is not necessary to re-apply for a scholarship as long as the scholarship maintenance criteria (outlined in the details of each scholarship section) are met.
The scholarship application process begins after a student is formally admitted to ADU and assigned a unique student ID number. This ID number is used to securely log in to a university account that has a section for Financial Aid and Scholarships.
As student information, including academic records, has already been processed by the university upon admission, any scholarships that the student is eligible for will appear on their account page. The student may choose to fill out the online application for any scholarship that appears here, as he/she qualifies for these scholarships based on merit. The application is completed with the appropriate details filled in by the student, along with the uploading of any required documents, and then is submitted online.
- University scholarship is awarded to UAE residents and GCC national candidates who meet the specified criteria
- Students who have newly graduated from secondary school, and join ADU within two years of their secondary school graduation, may receive a scholarship with a value from 10% up to 50% waiver on tuition fee per campus based on their high school average
- Meeting the English language proficiency requirements defined by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- The scholarship will be applicable to the period of time the student is enrolled at ADU with full-time status (registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours). The only exception to the 12 credit hours may be given in the first registered semester and the following term for students who have not yet met the English language proficiency requirements.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.60
- A minimum of 12 passed credit hours per semester, except for Winter and Summer terms
- The scholarship will not cover repeated courses including courses graded as F, WA and W